Freshwater Pom Pom CrabRegular price $19.99
Shipping calculated at checkout.
The freshwater Pom Pom crab (scientific name: Ptychognathus barbatus) is a rare gem in the aquarium trade!
Not to be confused with their marine counterpart, this freshwater-dwelling crustacean isn’t as widespread as other species. As a result, aquarists are still learning quite a bit about these curious creatures. Very little is known about their care requirements. This means our guide is gathered from primarily anecdotal evidence
- Temperature: 72-78°F (anectodally as low as 68°F)
- Chlorine/chloramines: 0 ppm (very toxic)
- Ammonia/Nitrite: 0 ppm
- Max Nitrate: 30 ppm
- pH: 6.2 - 7.2
- dKH: under 30. Seem to do better in soft acidic water
- Minimum Tank Size: 10 gallons
- Seem to thrive in groups of 5 or more